A Lettering Practice Session



This photo is a typical evening handwriting session with fountain pens. I'm currently using 8 fountain pens and each nib has different flex from full to stiff including various line weights. Some have been modified to allow increase in flex. I plan to try a vintage pen from the 1930's later this week with a needlepoint nib and full flex. I continue practicing with fountain pens as they offer much more precision than design markers I used in the past.

A handwriting session usually happens late night after finishing daily project deadlines. Script writing with no restricions is an excellent method to learn different styles form loose to formal. Some styles from the past month have already been used on commercial lettering projects. Of all the practice sheets from lat night I about a dozen beautiful loose rhythmic scripts that will make for good portfolio samples and generate new projects in the future.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...